Thursday, November 28, 2013

THANK ME THANK YOU

Like every other American, this is the one day a year I take to actually stop and think about how lucky I am. There's a lot to be thankful for this Thanksgiving, like the fact that the guy from blue collar comedy didn't win Dancing With The Stars, or that Gossip Girl is no longer on the air (seriously I don't think anyone could handle another season of that. And what the hell about Dan actually being Gossip Girl? Like wtf? this some Rocky Horror bullshit). Here's what I'm thankful for this year, and you should be too:

NyQuil
For keeping me KO'd when I need it.

Kale
For giving me a false sense of superiority over other people. 

Princess Charlene's Regret
For reminding us that for every Kate Middleton, there's another princess dying on the inside day by day. STAY STRONG CHARLENE.

Karl Lagerfeld
For being so demure.

That Acid Trip from 2011
I don't remember it that well, but I did meet the Care Bears and that was pretty cool.

My Many Au Pair's
For teaching me to never do something for myself when I can pay someone else to do it for me.

Jupiter in the 10th House
For basically guaranteeing that I'm going to be famous.

Eye Drops
For letting me be stoned in public since 2007.

Kim Kardashian's Sex Tape
Without it we wouldn't have 75% of today's pop culture.

My Middle Finger
It got a lot of use in 2013.

Tequila
For being fun.

The Spice Girls
For teaching me about feminism in the 90s.

Prince Carl Philip of Sweden
For those amazing three hours we spent in the back of his Jaguar.

My Native American Blood.
For giving me something to bitch about today.

Gwyneth Paltrow
For guiding me through the dark times. Thank you for everything, Gwyneth. 

God that was EXHAUSTING.

Alright I'm going to go eye the food preparations with a mix of apprehension and distrust.

Love,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment